Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 39

My mom came in Thursday night 3/8/12 because I was having contractions during the day but nothing happened over the weekend.  Me and mom went shopping picking up odds and ends to get ready for the baby's arrival on Friday and then Saturday we met up with Taylor and went looking for a crib.  Finally Taylor and I found a crib that we both liked and we got it.  We also got a dresser to match.  Everything was finally coming together.  We haven't set the crib up since we really don't need it yet but we did put the dresser in the room and then me and mom started filling the drawers with clothing and blankets.  Mom and I also went through the stuff again and arranged it and started organizing it.  I still feel so unorganized.

I had a scheduled doctors appointment Tuesday March 13th at 10:30 but that morning at 5:30am I was awaken with pain and more stronger contractions.  I waited to see if it was what I thought it was and the pain and pressure didn't go away.  I woke my mom up at around 6:15am and we just talked trying to figure out if we needed to call my dad and have him get started on the drive up here.  Well the contractions kept coming so we called him at around 7am.  Tried to wait as long as possible just because it was so early.  Me and mom got up and started getting things ready then at around 8:25a I called my doctors office and spoke with the answering service and they called my doctor.  My doctor called me back and had me come in as soon as possible.  When we got to the doctors office we all were expecting to hear lets go to the hospital and have this baby.  Well my blood pressure was up some but nothing to be worried about they could tell that the blood pressure was up because I was in pain.  Then I get on the scale and I lost 10lbs Woo-Hoo for that.  So then they had me give a urine sample like always and sent me into a room.  The doctor came in he checked the baby's heart and that was perfect then it was time to check to see how much I had dilated.  Well that's when he told me that my cervix hadn't dilated but 1cm so that means that I was now just at a 2cm.  We talked and he told me that I still had a ways to go and that he would see me next week.  He then also told me that he wasn't going to induce me until after my appointment next week.  I asked I thought you wanted me to get past 3/11 and that my due date was 3/17.  He then said that he would be back he was going to go read my chart to see why he told me 3/17 was my due date and also to make sure that what I wasn't dealing with an urinary track infection or any other infection.  Everything was fine he checked my urine and it was clear. I was actually not to worried because of how much water I had been drinking. And then we got to the topic of my due date yet again it had changed and it is now back to 3/26.  You could tell that I was getting so frustrated because they keep changing my due date and keep changing what they tell me from the previous appointments.  He did say that since I am having contractions that it could be any day but that day it was just a false labor.  I was so upset because I had already called my dad and had him starting the drive up here so we hurried up with scheduling next weeks appointment so that I could call him and see if he wasn't almost here and that maybe he could just turn around.  Well we were to late he was already over half way here.  But I am so glad that he came anyway just to spend time with both of them.  Mom and Dad left Wednesday 3/14 but told me to call them as soon as I feel anything.  I am so cautious to call them anymore I just want to call people when my water actually breaks now and tell them to come then.  Then I would at least not waste there time coming up here for no reason.  Labor is just so hard to pin point and it is frustrating because I want them here so bad when the baby arrives.  They both told me to not worry about the travels and that they were happy to come up here.  But I still feel bad because I feel like I wasted there time and money driving up here.

It is now just a waiting game for now.  Maybe next week we will be able to meet our new little bundle of joy.  Crossing my fingers.  I have another doctors appointment scheduled for Wednesday, March 21st so we will see if I make it till then and if so hopefully then we can schedule something.  I have made Taylor start walking with me around the neighborhood and we also went shopping to walk some more.  I am trying anything now to meet my little one.  It's the unknown that I just can't wait for anymore.  All these things are going through my mind.  I keep feeling this kiddo kick me and all I can think about now is Who will it look like?, How big is this kiddo?, Boy? or Girl?, What will it's personality be like?, and so on.  I just can't wait to finally meet my little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment