Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 40!!!!

Well the waiting game is still on and I have now reached my 39th/40th week.  Which ever week this is now, since the due date keep changing.  I went to the doctor on Wednesday, March 21st and I am now at 3cm.  The heart beat is still going strong and healthy.  I actually have recorded the last 2 heart beats on my phone while the doctor was listening to it.  After the doctor checked me out he said that we will need to schedule something for next week and he walked out.  Taylor and I looked at each other and kind of smiled because we were finally getting some kind of due date.  Well the doctor came back in and discussed that he put me on a waiting list for my inducement from Thursday, March 29th to Thursday, April 5th.  They will give me a call a day before to let me know when to come in.  I know, a waiting list for having a baby sounds crazy to me too.  But good news is that since I have dilated to 3cm already he doesn't think that I will make it to next Thursday or further.  After the doctor checked me out and he walked out he had me clean up and get dressed I noticed that I was bleeding a little bit and it scared me.  So I asked him about the bleeding and he said that he scrapped the membrane and also checked the baby so that is why I would be bleeding and also I would have some mild cramping.  It scared me for a bit.  He actually apologized for not warning me first since he knew that it was going to happen.  He also said that the baby was floating good, whatever that means.  He had me schedule another doctors appointment for Tuesday, March 27th at 10am just in case I have not had this kiddo by then.  Crossing my fingers and going to walk a lot more to try and have this kiddo soon.  This Momma is getting anxious. 

Something that I am excited about it that for the last couple of doctors visit I have not gained any weight I have stayed the same weight for at least 2 months now, if it isn't the same weight it is less.  So hopefully that means this baby is not going to be huge.  From looking at me in my point of view I am huge but then I have looked at other ladies that are in the office and it is really all belly.  I hope I am able to lose this baby weight fast and be back to a normal weight for me.


Drum Roll Please

It's a Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Thursday, March 22, 2012 I wasn't feeling to good all day and when I went to bed I tried to get comfortable, never even going to sleep.  I felt a really strange kick from the kiddo and then 10 to 15 minutes later to my surprise at 1:10 am March 23, 2012 my water breaks.  And when I say breaks I mean OMG!!!!! I didn't know I could hold that much fluid.  I got Taylor to come into the bedroom to tell him and then I called my parents.  I felt bad because I woke them up but I wanted to get them on the road as soon as possible. Taylor and I calmly got things together and we both took showers.  I wasn't in any pain so I told him to not rush. 

We got to the Hospital about 45 minutes after my water broke and they got me into a room.  Luckily I was still in no pain they started getting me ready and putting in the IV's and things.  I made sure to remind them that Dr. Branning wanted them to treat me as a Group B positive patient.  I settled into my room (Room: LDR4) and called my parents once again to let them know and to see where they were.  Then around 3am the nurse (Nurse: Leslie) came into check me I was still only 3 cm dilated so they suggested I get some rest.  Well, rest was not on my mind the pain started to come and then at around 5am it started to get worse.  My parents got to the hospital at around 6:30am and thankfully my mom was there because I started to get sick and the pain started to worsen.  At 7am it was shift change and my day Nurse was Shannon and she helped with everything from there on.  At 7:30 the anesthesiologist came in for my epidural.  But before they gave me the epidural they gave me some other medicine to try to calm the pain of the contractions.  Once she put the meds in my IV she said that I will be happy in no time and feeling like I had a couple of margarita's and she was right.  I was getting asked questions and I could barely answer them and I would look at my mom and Taylor and they were laughing at me because I looked drunk.  Once the epidural kicked in my nurse started me on pushing.  I only pushed for a little while then she called the doctor to come in and finish.  She said at one point that I needed to stop pushing because she didn't want to deliver the baby.  Funny they tell you to push and then they tell to to stop because he was coming way to fast.  Christopher Landon Vaughn was born at 8:56am. 

The labor was quick and easy just like my first delivery but this time the doctor had problems with my placenta.  The umbilical cord broke off of the placenta and the placenta went back into my body.  It took the doctor over an hour to remove the placenta.  Glad I got the epidural!!! 

Christopher is healthy and happy.  He got his first bath in the room with us.  About 2 hours after Christopher was born and getting everything done with me and him in the labor room they moved us to my postpartum room (Room: 271).  After getting settled in we finally were able to have our family join us and for them to meet our beautiful son.


 
 Christopher Landon Vaughn
6lbs 1.7 oz.
19 inches long



Our nurses for the rest of the day were day nurse for me Sonya and nursery nurse was Misi (Melissa) and then at 7pm was shift change and my nurse was Kandy and nursery nurse was Jennifer.


No comments:

Post a Comment