Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 20

Well I am officially at my halfway mark of the pregnancy and I can't believe it. Only a few more months and we see our beautiful child for the first time ever. I can't wait for that moment!!!!!! I am still experiencing indigestion and heartburn my best friend for both pregnancies has been my TUMS Smoothies. I am also still so tired. When does the 2nd trimester energy happen?

I have a lot to get done and only a few months to do so. I still can't figure out what room to use as the nursery. I'm hoping that my mom during the week of Thanksgiving can help me organize everything that I have to see what I still need. After Landon passed away I couldn't handle all the baby stuff around the house so we gathered it all up and took most of everything back and stuff I kept my mom boxed up. I still have all the blankets and towels because I washed everything. I also have some clothing but not much. I am starting to make a list of things I know that I will need and of the items that I know we took back. It will be hard opening up all the boxes again. But I will be fine. I am a strong person and I have a great support system that lets me cry when need too. My parents are so excited for this new addition to our family. My mom can't wait to be yet another grandma. And I can't wait to see my dad play with this one and enjoy this one as much as he enjoyes Julie and Jayla. I love watching him enteract with the kids. Brings out the big kid he is. :). Makes me sad though because they didn't get to have these moments with Landon. I cry sometimes when I see them enjoying the girls and knowing that they are missing someone. But now they will have another one to enjoy.

Taylor and I are already talking about names and we have agreed on the Boy names just not on the Girl names. We had a girl name picked out for when I was pregnant with Landon and now I don't even like that name. Thank god he was a Boy. I know names are hard but who would have guessed that it would be this hard. I want a name that flows well with Marie since my sister and I had said that we would use our middle names for our first girls. So Julie has my middle name and if this is a girl she would have Sheila’s middle name. Both Taylor and I agree that we want a traditional name that will grow with the child. I have asked many people to give me ideas and I have started a list, but then Taylor reads the list and starts deleting them. We will eventually come up with a perfect girl name and all will be happy. Hey it was the week before Landon was born that Taylor and his Aunt Sheila named him. I had no clue of a boy’s name then.

We went to the doctor today (Tuesday 11/8/11) and my doctor is pleased with everything.  Baby is growing perfectly.  The heart beat is perfect he says and the baby's position is normal for a week 20 pregnancy.  We go back to the doctor in 4 weeks.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Halfway!!! Yay! The baby will be here before we know it. I did not enjoy the name game one bit. It was so much harder than I ever thought it would be. Good luck! The perfect name will come to you!

    ReplyDelete