Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 24

24 Weeks Down!!!!!!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, before I know it I will be in the delivery room.  Then it will be a year old and then 10 years will have flown by.  I just wish sometimes we can just stop and freeze time.

This kiddo has been one happy kid this week.  It has been kicking and moving around so much that it feels like it wants out.  We went to the doctor yesterday (Wednesday, December 7th) and everything is looking great.  It was funny to see the look on the doctors face when he was trying to check the heart beat and the baby would not stop moving and running around.  You would think with only such a small amount of space that the doctor would be able to find the heart beat easily.  Well this kid had him working hard yesterday.  It was so funny it felt like the doctor was drawing on my tummy with his monitor because he was chasing this kiddo around so much.  Love the feeling of movement, like a little fish in my belly.

I am still dealing with a lot of acid indigestion.  Talked to the doctor and he gave me other med's that I can try.  Crossing my fingers in hopes that these will work, because my TUMs are not helping at all.  I also talked to him about my constant sinus infections and migraines.  But I forgot to talk to him about my gallbladder attacks.  I need to start making a list.  Because my memory is already horrible and being pregnant makes it worse.

When I read articles on different sites about the growth of the baby and what the development is at that moment.  It amazes me, because last week the article referred to the baby at the size of a large mango and I could not for anything image a large mango.  Well this week they gave me something that I can actually picture and they are stating that the baby is the size or an ear of corn and approximately 1.25 lbs.

My next doctors visit is scheduled for January 4th. and this will also be my glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on wishing you could freeze time. It all goes by so fast! It makes me laugh that the baby wouldn't be still for the doctor. It sounds like you have quite the mover there! And feeling all of those movements is so special. I do hope you start to feel better for these last few months of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete