Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 30!!!!

Well, Wednesday, January 18th was my doctors appointment for my gallbladder and the good news is that he is going to wait until after the baby is born.  The only thing now is hoping that I don't have anymore attacks.  The doctor is worried about how many stones are in my gallbladder and hoping that my liver is not being effected by this because then we will have to deal with liver failure and pancreatitis.  Which both is fatal.  So he is going to have my liver count checked, he does have some concern of my liver count.  The bad thing is that the stones are all small stones and packed in there so that they move around more and that is what causes the painful attacks.  He said that he wished that the stones were larger because then he wouldn't have to worry about doing the surgery so close after the baby is born.  The bad thing about being pregnant and dealing with the gallbladder is trying to figure out if the back pains are caused from my gallbladder or the baby.  I may be having baby back pain or many small gallbladder attacks it is to hard to tell when you are pregnant.  So after talking with the doctor we are going to wait and re-evaluate me 2 weeks after the baby is born.  Then at that time schedule my gallbladder removal surgery for 4 weeks after my due date.  He did say that once the baby comes out that I might have more attacks due to my body chemicals and then the surgery will be scheduled sooner.  They normally want to wait 6 to 8 weeks but with how many stones I have he wants to do the surgery as soon as possible afterwards.  The risk of before is to risky for the baby so he is hoping that we can wait.  After reading all my charts and talking to me the doctor is going to get with my OBGYN and they are going to discuss my condition.  He told me that normally this is an outpatient surgery and that I will be out a week after surgery to recover.  He also wants me to make sure that my delivery is a vaginal deliver and not a C-Section.  Because then if it is a C-Sections then we have other problems to worry about.  Man being pregnant causes a lot of problems with your body when it comes to other issues and surgeries.  My doctors comments about pregnancy is that it is more of a disease in his eyes because of everything that can go wrong with your body and that there really isn't anything that can be done with out risking the baby.  Never thought of it that way.  On another note he did ask me when my due date is and when I told him March 26 he looked at me and asked me if I was carrying twins because if not then he doesn't see me lasting until then.  I kept telling people that my belly is getting huge and now I believe it.  I never thought my due date was that far off and now I am thinking this baby will be here 1st part of March.  I go back to my doctor February 6th so we will talk then and hopefully have more of an idea then.  The exciting news is that I will get to see the baby that day.  Friday, January 20th I went to the doctor for a concern that I was having.  Very scared after I wasn't able to walk with out sever pain in my pelvis area and my legs.  It started Monday and gradually got worse by the end of the week.  I wasn't feeling good and started to worry that I was already starting to dilate.  Well good news is that I am not dilating but the bad news was that due to my sever gallbladder I started getting an infection and I was very dehydrated.  So now I am on antibiotic's and I have to drink 4 to 6 32oz's of water a day and 1 to 2 Gatorade's or SmartWater for electrolytes.  Enough about me, so now on to my 30th week of pregnancy!!!!!


A few more weeks to go! This baby weight is starting to impact more of my life than ever. Bending over is tricky if not impossible. And tying my shoes? Forget about it I have to sit down to pretty much do anything that I would normally do standing up. Also shaving my legs HAHAHA that is even funnier than ever now with this huge belly. This baby is about 15.7 inches long now, and it weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds it, but that volume will decrease as it gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. The baby’s eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after the baby is born it will keep its eyes closed for a good part of the day. So reading the information that all these websites are giving me it is also telling me that I may be feeling a little more tired these days, especially if I am having trouble sleeping. Well I am sleeping great with the exception of my sever heartburn. I also might be clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Well great just one more thing to make me clumsier. I am already a clumsy person so this is going to be fun. They say it is because not only am I heavier, but the concentration of weight in my pregnant belly causes a shift in my center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, my ligaments are more lax, so my joints are looser, which may also contribute to my balance being a bit off. This all answers the crazy questions of why I am running into things more now. Also my poor belly is sticking out more and I keep bumping it with doors and other things I walk by.  I am telling you right now this baby might come out all bruised up because of me.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Bending over... oh yes, I remember that. Truly impossible at a certain point. You can try to bend straight down, but that doesn't work either. A pregnant woman shouldn't have to bend over though, there should be people to do that for you! :)

    ReplyDelete