Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 36


OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am getting closer and closer to the end.  I went to the doctor Monday, 2/20/12 while walking from the parking lot to the building they called me to let me know that the doctor was sick and that we needed to reschedule.  So I rescheduled my visit for the next day.  Tuesday, 2/21/12 was my doctors visit and as of right now I am dilated to 1cm and the doctor is happy with that.  He is hoping that I stay that way for the next couple of weeks.  The heart beat is still really strong and is everything that the doctor is wanting to hear.  No more stress per the doctor so that this kiddo can keep cooking and grow healthier.  So I will be relaxing more at work and having more and more people do things for me instead of me doing the tasks.  That is very hard for me to do but the health of me and my child is more important.

Since I am at week 36 I am starting to get nervous I am starting to worry about everything that we went through with Landon and hoping that it doesn't happen again.  When speaking with the doctor Tuesday I asked him at which point can we schedule me for inducing but he doesn't want to schedule anything until I am dilated further.  I am just scared that next week I will be dilated further and it will be to late again.  I know that what I went through with Landon probably wont happen again but if you have ever been in that situation then you understand my worries and feeling and if not then you have no clue what I am going through and probably do not understand my worries.  People have asked me why I have not posted anything about my pregnancy on Facebook or really talked about the pregnancy a lot.  Well for me what I went through and the excitement and joy of this pregnancy has been covered up with fear.  How I feel is completely understanding to some people and they completely agree with how I have handled it.  I will post about the baby and speak more freely when our baby is safe, healthy and home.  I keep getting the same question through this whole pregnancy about what sex/gender I want.  Well if you have ever been in my shoes then you will understand my response to everyone that asks me.  My response has always been that I don't care the sex/gender of the child just as long as our baby comes home and is healthy.  So until we are home and I am at ease with everything we are not talking publicly about anything.  Yes or course family, close friends and my customers and employees know about it but just random people on Facebook and any other aquatints we may have just will find out once our bundle of joy is home and safe in our arms.  If you walk into our home you will still notice all the baby stuff in its boxes and that nothing is set up.  Well that again in another way that I show my fear.  I am to scared to set anything up or wash anything and even start to get ready for the arrival home.  I am just so scared of heartbreak again.  I have started packing a bag and Taylor did get the highchair out and set it up because he wanted to.  I am just to scared to do anything and I am always wanting someone there to help me I don't like doing stuff alone when it comes to the set-up.  I have joked that my mom will be washing everything the night before we are to come home.  It is my way of still having the fear but joking about it at the same time. 

At 36 weeks the baby is now around 18½ inches long and nearly 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!  We are getting closer and closer, they now say at the end of this week, that the baby will be considered full-term.  WOO HOO!!!!!!  The funny thing is in everything that I am reading about week 36 it states that the baby has little room to move; so I will not feel it as vigorously as I did in the last weeks.  Well that is totally wrong with this kiddo because this kiddo is moving around a lot more and hasn't really been sleeping much.  I hope that doesn't mean anything once the baby gets hear.  Because this Momma wants to be able to sleep!!!  Also I found out through reading that the baby’s bones are completely hardened and acquire a solid structure through which it can now make a grand entry into the new world. The muscle tone is also improved by this week and the baby’s gums will become very rigid.  This week I have felt a little different then the last couple of weeks.  My lower back is aching a lot more and I can't get comfortable when sleeping.  I am also starting to walk slower and slower.  There are other things going on with my body that make me feel like this kiddo will be here anytime now.


As you can see this week there was a drastic change I did to my hair.  Yes I finally cut all my hair off.  It was getting to thick and to long.  That is so funny for me to even be saying because if you know me I am not one to have short hair but my hair was drying out and to frizzy.  So I decided to cut it all off.  I also treated myself to a Mani & Pedi for the first time in almost 2 1/2 years.  It felt so good to finally do something for me and very relaxing.  The main reason for the Pedi was because I couldn't bend down and over to paint or even trim my toes.  So the hair cut and the Mani & Pedi were kind of an early Birthday gift to myself.  Because this coming Sunday, February 26 is my 32nd birthday.  :-) 

I see the doctor next Tuesday, February 28th so we will see then what he has to say.  Hopefully we can schedule something so both Taylor and I can finally meet our baby soon.  We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so good! It's a great cut on you! So glad you got to pamper yourself! There is nothing better than a spa day!! You are just glowing in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete