Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 2



This was my first week alone with him and it was nice to just be able to bond with my son.  I love him so much and love watching the different things he does.

Over the weekend while changing his diaper his bell cap fell off.  I was kind of nervous to clean the area but they said once it falls off by its self than you are fine.  I was also lucky because he was going back to the doctor this week for his check up anyway.  So she could look at it and tell me if I needed to do anything.  This also gave me a chance to have her look at his belly button since it had been bleeding some during the week. 

At his doctors visit on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 she was pleased once again at his weight gain.  His weight was 6 lbs and 7oz and 20 1/2 inches long.  His head circumference was at 13.5 inches.  I also had her check his belly button and circumcision area's.  Everything looked good, she said that the belly button will bleed for awhile until it completely heals.  We also had to go back to the Hospital for his last PKU newborn blood test.  We don't have to take him back to the doctor until he is 2 months old.  His reports make me so happy because I feel like I am not always doing things right but then we come to the doctor and see how well he is gaining weight and everything and it makes me so much more relaxed.

I gave him another bath this week and again he loved it so much. I am so happy with him and his bathing experiences. I would have thought a baby would just cry and cry the whole time during their bath. This just makes me so happy that I am now going to make sure we get him into the swimming classes as soon as we can.



Thursday my dad came up so that he could drive us down to Houston for our annual Easter family gathering.  Since Taylor had to work.  We left Friday late morning after stopping by daddy's work so that Taylor could see Christopher before we left.  Christopher loves riding in the car.  I was thinking that he would cry at some point during the ride but he was a really good boy.  We did stop in Madisonville and ate lunch and I changed his diaper and let him stretch out.





I love seeing all the facial expressions Christopher does.  He is such a happy boy and I am enjoying being his mom.  Motherhood is precious and I am enjoying ever minute of it.  He smiles so much and it just melts my heart every time.     


This week I was wanting to compare Christopher's size to something.  All this time having Frankie I have thought how little he was until I had him lay next to Christopher and I got this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment